Wednesday, March 2, 2016

You're Killing Me! (2015) - Movie Review - Wolfe Video

#YouDontNeedIceForChardonnay

You're Killing Me cover


An intriguing mix of horror and romantic comedy, You're Killing Me demonstrates what happens when George, a narcissistic wannabe internet star, meets Joe, a monotone serial killer. George catches Joe's attention and they immediately begin dating. While all of George's friends agree that Joe seems a bit strange, George claims his new beau "isn't scary, he's gorgeous."

As George's friends start to disappear, the remaining group decides to take matters into their own hands.


You're Killing Me still image


I was looking forward to seeing this movie and I was not disappointed at all! Let me start off by saying that this movie is absolutely frickin' hilarious! The dialogue and humour is on point throughout, I laughed out loud many many times during this movie (at intentional points obviously). It's hard for me to write a review for a movie that I loved so much because you don't want to appear over eager, but this movie totally made my night.

This is a gay-themed horror comedy, I have seen many over the years being a gay man myself, but this one stands head and shoulders above any of the others. The wit and the actual tension at times is flawless. I identified mainly with the character of Barnes (who I might add I may have developed an extreme crush on but moving on), a quick witted says what he thinks guy. I also have had the same exact discussion about Sister Act 2 with my close friends so I feel his pain in that particular scene.

The true star of this piece tho is the wonderful, puppy-eyed, you just wanna cuddle him, Matthew McKelligon who plays our killer. Matthew has all the charm and good looks of a young Norman Bates in this role, there is even a few nods to Norman sprinkled throughout the script including an interest in Taxidermy,
He keeps the character fresh, unique and darkly humourous throughout and it was a pleasure to see.


You're Killing Me still image


The movie itself was penned by Jeffrey Self who plays George in the movie, and I have to say, I adore this guys dark humour that is so perfectly applied to this movie. Jim Hansen the director of this piece also does a superb job, the movie looks beautiful, especially with the quick flashes during murder and imagination scenes.

The other characters in this movie slot very nicely into their respected roles and no-one is a bit player, every single one of them has their own wit and style that was portrayed perfectly. As you can tell I really really enjoyed this movie and there is many reasons why, unfortunately I cannot tell you what they are in full as I don't want to spoil any surprises. I highly recommend you all search this one out, it's fun, it's creepy and has some of the most lovvable characters I have ever seen in a movie. I will be buying this myself on day of release, make sure you do too!

You're Killing Me is available on VOD and DVD on March 8th, and don't forget #YouDontNeedIceForChardonnay.

Rating: No surprise here 5/5!